Round 3 - Game 5 Post Game - Everingham vs Schmitt
Well last night the sweepers arms were almost worn out of their sockets. Both teams were missing one of their regular sweepers so we switched off to help each other.
It was an extremely close game where one team took a few points then the other team took a couple of ends to catch up. Going into the final end we were down by two points and had the hammer. Our strategy was to get all our rocks into the house to hopefully pull off two points. Luck would prevail and coming down to the skips rocks we were sitting the two points we needed to tie the game. The Schmitt skip missed his final rock which was thrown to knock out our point by a hair. So I had a draw to close to the button for three points. Luck would have it and I threw the right weight and it was swept into the house so we scored three points.
Chock up another win for the Everingham rink!
This game really goes to our sweepers. It was hard an tireing work to sweep for both teams and I'm sure they are going to feel it for the next few days. Not to mention all those times when they had to fake sweeping hard to make the Schmitt's rock curl more then they wanted to! (ups did I say that).. I'm sure the Schmitt team did the same with their sweepers helping us out though ;)
It was an extremely close game where one team took a few points then the other team took a couple of ends to catch up. Going into the final end we were down by two points and had the hammer. Our strategy was to get all our rocks into the house to hopefully pull off two points. Luck would prevail and coming down to the skips rocks we were sitting the two points we needed to tie the game. The Schmitt skip missed his final rock which was thrown to knock out our point by a hair. So I had a draw to close to the button for three points. Luck would have it and I threw the right weight and it was swept into the house so we scored three points.
Chock up another win for the Everingham rink!
This game really goes to our sweepers. It was hard an tireing work to sweep for both teams and I'm sure they are going to feel it for the next few days. Not to mention all those times when they had to fake sweeping hard to make the Schmitt's rock curl more then they wanted to! (ups did I say that).. I'm sure the Schmitt team did the same with their sweepers helping us out though ;)
Labels: Curling
2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Ape, At
March 8, 2007 at 11:18:00 AM MST
Blaine definitely deserves the top rock that game...what an amazing shot to win the game. It was super fun.
Although it made me realize how much I have been neglecting the gym..sweeping for both teams was hard work.
...though Blaine was right, near the end of the game when it was right down to the wire, we made it look like we were sweeping for the other team harder than we actually were.
I am sure there was at least one instance where we could have swept harder for line...
... but oops, I slipped ;)
By
Ape, At
March 8, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM MST
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home